Thursday, February 9, 2012

Khalil Gibran I Did Not Die


My heart bleeds at the death of every one of our gallant men.
- Robert E. Lee

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Khalil Gibran

I Did Not Die
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
- Anonymous

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
- Khalil Gibran

Treat the earth well.
It was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.
- Ancient Indian Proverb

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

No comments:

Post a Comment